thecutestblogontheblock.com

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Tiddly Inks DT Call!

Tiddly Inks is having a DT call and I am throwing my hat in the ring!!  (Wish me good luck!!)



I had chosen 2 images to work on and see which I liked better in the end.......well it's a good thing I did!  The first one finished wasn't my favorite, but the second one I absolutely LOVE!

For the first card I used a freebie image, Awww Thanks.  I'm getting ready to send a batch of cards in a care package to a group of Coast Guard Servicemen and women who are stationed abroad.  One of them is the father to my daughter's best friend!  This one will go in with some others!


I colored in the image with my Tombow Art markers and used an old sketch from OWH (Operation Write Home), thought it was appropriate!  The paper is from Authentique Genuine collection, the brads are from my stash and the "hi" die is from Little Yellow Bicycle.

But the second "card" is by far my favorite!  My daughter is a dancer! There I've said it, and anyone with a daughter in dance will understand!  Everything has to be sparkly and usually pink!  LOL  As I am also a scrapbooker, this will ultimately go on a layout page!  

This image is also a freebie called, Tiny Dancer


I colored her in with my Tombow Art Markers, then fussy cut her out.  I started with a kraft base, cut it to the correct shape and size and covered it with the pink and white stripe paper which was in the scrap pile.  I popped her up with some pop dots.  The lace punch is Stampin Up as is the "dream" stamp.  The bling (both pink and clear), smaller craft tag, ballet slipper charm and pink seam binding are all from my stash.  Flowers are Prima, polka dot ribbon is AC, stickles in stardust and Distress ink is TH Tea Dye.  I added a little doodling around the edge and tied on the pink seam binding and MM Wedding ribbon.  I love it and so does the tiny dancer in my life!  This one is my entry for the DT Call!  

Here's to nothing!

Leave me some love if you like what you see!

Jenni


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous creations!!! My favorite one is the second one too! So cute, and those little ballerina shoe charm is too adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are so cute, I love the layout along with the dimension from the sentiment and your second one is just so sweet! Thanks for joining us @ Tiddly Inks for our "Make it Pop" Challenge, best of luck to you :)

    ReplyDelete