thecutestblogontheblock.com

Saturday, October 10, 2020

Growing in Unity - Day 4!



 Day 4 here goes!!  After receiving my order yesterday (and yes I received another [my October Whit Kit] today) I had lots of choices of non-inked up stamps!!  I chose Lawd have mercy!  This set is one of those sets that if I hadn't seen it used, both in live events and posted by other amazingly talented ladies, would have never thought to purchase!  That is an absolute fact!  She's really not my "style" or so I thought!  I absolutely loved using her!  I can see her going on birthday cards and other somewhat snarky cards to friends!


I started with some watercolor paper that I spritzed with water.  I took some distress ink (walnut stain, tea dye and frayed burlap) and stamped an acrylic block.  Then I smooshed (yes the technical term is smoosh) the wet watercolor paper onto the block and soaked up all that distress ink goodness!  Stamped my girl and sentiment, distressed the edge with a distressing tool and some more frayed burlap ink.  My Whit Kit arrived just in time for the burlap cardstock background!  Flowers, a button and some Nuvo crystal drops in ebony black finished it off!  The polka dot paper is from the Apple Pickin paper set from the September Whit Kit.  Love her!!!


Step out of your comfort zone once in a while!  You will surprise yourself over and over again!

p.s.  one other teensy bit of advice......let everything dry before you try to move it or do anything with it!  I've had to redo my nuvo drops three times! :\ hoping that it adds to the vintage "shabby" vibe! LOL

20 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! I love the layers and the timelessness you captured! I am definitely excited to order this kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the layers, adding paper and then more paper only helps to make the stamp stand out - love what you did..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. I LOVE this one. She’s not my normal ‘style’ but now I’m rethinking that. You’ve made me see all sorts of possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn’t she lovely!!! Such a pretty vintage looking card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh she is so cute! I absolutely love the flower that you added to her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is amazing! Love the vintage look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice - I love that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the layers of paper you used! Very vintage in feel!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! You captured the "snarky" perfectly. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh I LOVE this stamp.set so much!!! Going on my Unity Wish List. Love your card!!
    ❤️ Doreen
    @whereisyourhappyplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Great card. I really need this girl! The Whit kit timing was perfect, burlap looks great on there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card! I love ink smooshing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the vintage feel to this card, and love this girl! That polka dot paper is so pretty with the burlap.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the vintage look so so much! You did an outstanding job capturing that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card! I keep looking at this stamp set and after seeing it added to my wish list. Great vintage card created. Fun week of Unity goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card. I love her impish grin and the extras you add are cool.

    ReplyDelete