thecutestblogontheblock.com

Sunday, February 26, 2023

Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #192

 Hello friends! I am working with the Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #192 Sketch! I've said it before (and will probably say again) but I love a good sketch!! Since I am still waiting on my order from Newton's Nook, I will use another freebie from their collection! This one is called (appropriately) birdballoon!


I started with a white cardbase, then added the diagonal striped paper (from Unity Stamp Co. Enrich the Soul). On top of that I cut a piece of white cardstock as the base for the three strips, also from Unity Stamp Co. (Kindness is Magic). I printed my image on watercolor paper, but because I apparently do not have the correct ink or markers the printed image was running with my Tombow ABT markers. So with that being said, be careful when getting close to the lines if your image is bleeding! I literally had to print and redo this about 6 times because I kept getting smeary lines. As I said above, I colored with Tombow ABT Markers, then distressed the edge with distress oxide in Speckled Egg. Tied some jute twine (may arts) and added some red enamel dots (gina marie designs) for added color!



Thanks for visiting! Leave me some love to let me know you were here! :)

4 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! Love the dots of red in the paper which coordinate with the balloon and enameled dots! Such a darling card! So glad you shared this with us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card, Jenni! I love the mix of papers you used and the red balloon pops on your card! {not literally... thank goodness!} Thanks for playing along with the Inky Paws Challenge! Inky hugs, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute take on the challenge! Love your use of color. Thanks for linking to the Inky Paw's Challenge. Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you used the freebie stamps! This card is too cute! Thanks for joining the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete