thecutestblogontheblock.com

Friday, August 5, 2022

Trying new things!

 Trying new things doesn't have to be scary! Look how easy (and pretty) new things can be?!?


It all started with an instagram reel I saw by Ellefedynak where she was cleaning her blending brushes by immersing them in water, then brushing in a circular motion on a piece of watercolor paper until the ink was no longer coming off the brush. Then I saw another reel recently by Gina K Designs where she stenciled using a brick stencil as a background for a focal piece. So the yellow ink blended watercolor panels were on my desk.  I grabbed one, and my brick stencil (back alley by the rabbit hole designs) and some hickory smoke distress oxide and blended away!  The rose is from the February 2022 Whit Kit by Unity Stamp Co. called Lovely Reminder. The kit came with the matching die for the rose. I did fussy cut a little bit more...closer to the image, then I colored it with Tombow ABT markers. The sentiment is also from Unity a kit called Aging Gorgeously. I added some pale yellow jewels (pink fresh studio).

Thanks for visiting! Leave me some love! :)


1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing the info to make it also.

    ReplyDelete