thecutestblogontheblock.com

Monday, July 26, 2021

BYSH Cardmakers Christmas in July Blog Hop

 I created another card for the BYSHCardmakers Christmas in July Blog Hop!


I have been having so much fun creating backgrounds using inks and stencils and just melding everything together in organized chaos to create backgrounds!  You literally can create any background and no two will ever be the same!

I created the background for this one using some distress inks and oxides and some sprays of water!  Smeared some inks onto an acrylic block, sprayed some water, swirled a paint brush through to soften the edges and then took a piece of water color paper and kept pressing it into the inks until I was satisfied with the coverage.  I think I went back and added a stencil on top and pressed some more for a different look and some interest.  Once that process was dry I inked up a Unity Stamp Co. background stamp (a little christmas carol) and another I'm not sure which kit it's from and gently stamped onto the page.  The snowman is also from Unity (snowmie). I stamped, colored and fussy cut him out and added foam adhesive to pop him up off the card.  The sentiment is from fancy pants designs (happy holidays stamps 2).

Thanks for checking out our blog hop!  Enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. Super cute & Fun!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m stopping by from the BYSH cardmakers hop. I love your festive card! I really love this snowman and how you did the sentiment. Thank you for the inspiration.

    Cheryl (SheStamps)
    Visit my blog - She Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome background and sweet card, Jenni! Love it!

    ReplyDelete