thecutestblogontheblock.com

Friday, July 30, 2021

Red & Green.......Green & Red!

 Jingle Belles have an awesome-ly Christmasy challenge!  To use primarily red and green on your entries!

I created this card by ink blending a panel of watercolor paper with different shades of red distress inks (festive berries, worn lipstick and picked raspberries).  I then took a Unity Stamp Co. background stamp called Christmas all around and sprayed it with water....pressed the wet stamp surface onto my inked panel and pulled off some of the ink to create this reverse stamped image!  Flicked some diluted white acrylic paint on top and tied on some twine.  Stamped the car and "be merry" both from Unity's Winter Shake Up set.  I colored with Tombow art markers and fussy cut them both out.

I am also entering this into the BYSHC Christmas in July Hop!

4 comments:

  1. Your sweet card looks like a gift!! I love it! The background is amazing and I adore that car... one of my most favorite Whit Kit stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So super cute!!!
    Thanks for playing along with the Christmas in July 2021 {BYSHC} Hop!
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ... that technique produced fabulous results ... what a great background ... so very glad you joined us with your red & green art at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an amazing card all round and that "reverese stamped" blendy background is a show stopper! love, love, love it! so pleased you could join our red and green fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete