thecutestblogontheblock.com

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

{BYSH} Cardmakers Falling for the Holiday Hop (card 3)

 Happy Tuesday Holiday Hop Cardmakers!  I'm back with card #3 for the Falling for the Holidays Hop!

Today's card features another favorite of mine from Unity Stamp Co.  It's called snowmie.


I created the background with some ink smooshing through a stencil (used Broken China and Faded Jeans) which didn't produce the results I wanted.....so I just smooshed the remaining ink on the block.  Distressed the edge with distressing tool and then inked with Black Soot.

Stamped the snowman on regular white cardstock, colored with Tombow Art Markers and fussy cut him out!  I did loosely follow Karen Maldonado's color choices for the scarf (hope she doesn't mind).  The sentiment was cut from a piece of designer cardstock.  The snowflakes at the top are from Dollar Tree!

I'm adding this lovely to the BYSH Cardmakers Holiday Hop and also adding to the current Jingle Belles challenge for "creatures."  Although I don't think this guy is to0 ominous!!

#fallingfortheholidays2021byshchop



5 comments:

  1. Adorable card with a great color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that snowman is so fun ... love the colors for the scarf ... so very glad you joined our Creature Feature at Jingle Belles

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, the snowman is adorable, his cardinal friend is too... and your coloring makes this even better!!! so pleased you could join our celebration of christmas critters once more at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete