thecutestblogontheblock.com

Friday, April 1, 2022

Mad for Plaid!

 Happy April!  This year is flying by!!

My card today is simple but elegant at the same time!  Gold and glitter always make an elegant statement!  


Paper is old! I'm going through my stash and cutting up paper that I've had FOR-EVER!  This is from My Minds Eye called Cozy Christmas.  The date on this paper.......*GASP* is 2015. Why did I wait so long?!?

Image is from Polka Dot Orchard, called Happy Merry Christmas.  I followed a sketch from {BYSHC} Sketch #21.  I added some stickles to the snowflakes and colored in some of the letters.  Simple but elegant!




Sketch challenge is active through the end of the month!  Be sure to check it out and even join in!!  New sketch each month!

I'm also entering this lovely into the Jingle Belles challenge.  They are "Mad for Plaid!"  Also have a new prompt every couple weeks!  Get those Christmas cards made throughout the year and December will be a breeze!!



2 comments:

  1. love how you flipped the sketch with that great vertical sentiment ... so very glad you went Mad for Plaid with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh that MME is one of my alltime favorite plaids... I just used my last little scrap a few weeks ago, I knew it was kind of "older" but didn't realize I'd hoarded it quite so long lol. Of course it looks wonderful here, paired with that wonderful sentiment block and accented with gold and black. Fabulous take on the sketch as well! Thanks for joining our celebration of plaid at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete