thecutestblogontheblock.com

Monday, April 22, 2024

{BYSHC} Spring into Christmas 2024 Linky Party - O Holy Night!

 Hello again and welcome back! The Spring into Christmas 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party is happening!


Today's card features a few of the amazing sponsors, Unity Stamp Co., Gina Marie Designs and Tawny Owl Papiere!





As I've said before, I'm going through the discard bins and pulling things together that have been set aside for just the right time! I know you have one.....we all do!! This stamp is a Unity Stamp Co. Itty Bitty stamp called Brightly Shining! It's a sweet little tree shaped sentiment that is a perfect focal point! First I die cut the circle with one of  the scallops and circles nesting dies from Unity and tried a new-to-me technique that has been featured in a video by Lisa Arana on the Unity Blog to use the die as a guide to ink blend!! I absolutely love it and can see me doing this A LOT! After it was die cut, I ink blended with Antique Linen and then stamped the image with VersaFine Clair in Nocturne. I had this idea in my head about the background. I had recently acquired some Hero Arts texture paste in white pearl and wanted to give it a try! Onto a dark blue piece of patterned paper I used a random dot stencil (I think it was Unity but I don't see it on their website currently) and the white pearl texture paste and created a "starry" background! After I used the paste I thought it needed more.....so I *gasp* sprinkled fine glitter over it! :| Oh boy! It did get a little out of hand, but not terrible! LOL I chose a sketch from Tawny Owl Papiere Inky Inspiration. I love a good sketch and she does post a sketch quite often! So I found a sketch that would work with my circle and cut the background panel per the measurements! I added some enamel dots from Gina Marie Designs and we're finished! Not exactly what I had pictured in my mind, but I do love it nonetheless!

Sketch #3 for TOPII
Be sure to check out the sponsor list and the amazing prizes they are offering! So EXCITING!!




 




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Jenni! So fun that you used a TOPII Sketch! Thanks for the shout out! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite Christmas song!! (As song by Gary Allan specifically. lol) Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete