Thursday, October 10, 2024

Fall Colors Instagram Hop!

 Hello friends! My friend Bobbie Sue McConathy (bobbiesue.two38creations) asked if I would be interested in participating in an Instagram hop....of course I said sure! I'm always up for a good hop! This particular one is on Instagram. The link to my instagram page is here.

I made two cards....I was sort of indifferent about the first card. Not sure if I liked it or not, so I made another! 


So this one started with a particially stenciled piece that was sitting around. So I ink blended the edges, splattered some white acrylic paint, distress spray stain (vintage photo) and some crackling campfire oxide. The sunflower is from Unity Stamp Co. called ...sunflower wishes. The bees and sentiment are from this set too.  I stamped onto watercolor paper with versfine clair in nocturne, colored with Tombow ABT markers, then fussy it and attached it to the panel. The sentiment was stamped in black and embossed with clear embossing powder and then cut out. The bees were just stamped right onto the panel and then I added some enamel dots and some burlap twine to bring it all together.


The second one started with an ink smooshed panel that I made using a bunch of different colors. After I did all the smooshing I added to the top a background stamp from Unity Stamp Co. called rustic foliage. Stamped it in versafine clair nocturne. I then splattered some white acrylic paint and distress spray stain onto that. Once dry, I die cut it with a fancy edge die. The red piece is a scrap that I didn't measure of have to cut! Just added it behind! I then added some natural bakers twine, a preprinted sentiment, a button and some clear shiny sequins. 

Have fun hopping!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

{BYSHC} Sketch 50 - Merry Christmas

 Hello and welcome back! We are still working with  {BYSHC} Sketch 50 until the end of the month. This month's sponsor is A Colorful Lif...