thecutestblogontheblock.com

Friday, November 11, 2022

{BYSHC} Sketch #28

 Hello there! It's been a hot minute since I posted, so here goes! I'm going to say this and don't be upset.......everything DOES NOT need to be a masterpiece! *WHEW* there it's out in the open! LOL Let's be honest, we all struggle with making our creations "perfect" and stressing if they aren't. Well friends, I'm here to tell ya, that this one is one of those! 


I started this a few days ago and I didn't like it......so it sat and sat and sat! I tried to wrap my brain around what it needed....and even asked for help (thanks BYSHC DT). Well, I took it almost completely apart and started over!

The background is an all over background stamp from Unity Stamp Co. (pop dots background). I stamped in versamark, embossed with white embossing powder and then ink blended over with vintage photo and broken china. The solid blue panel is where the trouble started. So it was originally plain blue and the menorah was on the other side.....fast forward to today and the blue panel was ink blended OVER a stencil with yellow and white, then some "sugar" glitter paste was smoothed over the top of that. The word PEACE is a stamp and coordinating die set (currently selling as a bundle) from Unity called .....heart of Christmas. Stamped with versamark and embossed with gold embossing powder. I added some sequins and a strip of gold cardstock to finish.


While I'm not 100% happy with it.....I'd say I'm about 85% good! It's sparkly and fun and ready for Hanukkah!


Don't forget to play along and BUILD YOUR STASH of Christmas/Holiday cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment