thecutestblogontheblock.com

Friday, July 28, 2023

{BYSHC} Christmas in July Linky Party - All Is Bright

 Here it is!! The last day to link your cards! The {BYSHC} Christmas in July Linky Party ends at midnight!


Today's card was a lightbulb moment late last night! I am not at home this morning so had to load up all my supplies and finish it at my daughter's dance studio! LOL


Started with a white cardstock panel that I ink blended faded jeans, broken china and speckled egg onto. Next I watered down some white acrylic paint and splattered it everywhere (including my glasses, my hands, the desktop, etc.)!  Stamped the snowman (from Unity Stamp Co. called Snow Day Like Today) onto a plain white scrap of regular cardstock. Colored with Tombow ABT Waterbased markers and then fussy cut him out! The ink blended panel was die cut using Tim Holtz Deckle Edge nesting dies and then glued down onto kraft. Burlap twine is from May Arts Ribbons and was tied around the panel. The sentiment was a second-hand purchase so I am unsure of which set it was from. The snowman and the sentiment were both mounted with foam adhesive for added dimension and the clear sequins were also from Unity but part of a Whit Kit and do not appear to be available on their own.

Considering that I colored, cut, glued and tied everything together while NOT at home was definitely interesting but completely do-able!!!

Be sure to get your entries linked before midnight! The link will close and then we'll wait for the prize announcements!! 



5 comments:

  1. This is so sweet and pretty, Jenni! Better watch out for those splatters!! But they really add a wonderful touch to the card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! One of my favorite stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at his looooong carrot nose! lol What a sweetie. And a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card, Jenni. Love that stamp and the way you colored the card.

    ReplyDelete