thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, July 27, 2023

{BYSHC} Christmas in July Linky Party - Snowflakes

 Another day.....another Christmas Card! {BYSHC} Christmas in July Linky Party is almost to the end! Friday at Midnight is the last chance to enter!


Today's card features  stamps and die sets from Unity Stamp Co. 


Started with a piece of plain white cardstock that I "ink smooshed" some winter looking colors onto. Ink smooshing is the technique where you smoosh some different ink colors onto a non-porous surface (acrylic block, acetate sheet, leftover plastic from a stamp set) then spritz with water. You then "smoosh" the paper into the ink or the ink onto the paper! I created the panel some time ago so I cannot remember the exact colors that I used. So as I am going through things looking for scraps and odds and ends to create with I came across this! I took a stamp set from Unity called Heart of Christmas and stamped it on one corner and then the other using white pigment ink by gina k designs. Embossed it with some white embossing powder also from gina k designs. Die cut it with the scallops and rectangle nesting dies set from Unity. The tan polka-dotted background was cut with the same die set. The Heart of Christmas set has a TON of sentiments and the large scripty words have matching dies!! :) I first die cut my word, then stamped Christmas using Villainous potion and then embossed it. Merry is part of another sentiment that says Merry Christmas....I only needed the Merry part! :) This strip was mounted with foam adhesive for added dimension. To add the sparkle....the sequins are from Spiegelmom Scraps (combo of country winter and autumn wonder).

Get those cards posted!!




5 comments: