thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge - #217 Lucky Green

 Sneaking one in for the Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge - #217 Lucky Green. Now I don't make St. Patrick's Day cards, but I can always use more birthday cards so that's what I did today!




I took inspiration from Crystal's card with the green circles! I started with a piece of white cardstock. With a scrap piece I punched a circle using a hand punch. I used that as my stencil! I ink blended twisted citron, salvaged patina, lucky clover and shabby shutters randomly...sometimes overlapping or going off the edge. I die cut it with one of the large dies in the Unity Stamp Co. scallops and rectangles nesting die set. I also used the same die set to die cut the green background panel as well.  I also wanted to give a little more interest or dimension and took a black journaling pen and outlined a few of the circles then "doodled" more circling around that and added some squiggles! I love how it looks!! I'll have to remember this for another time! I die cut a vellum circle that was embossed with a dotted swiss embossing folder using the scallops and circles nesting die set (from Unity). I then used the Garden Mice stamp and coordinating die set from Newton's Nook Designs. This sweet mouse with the flower is so cute! I colored with kingart alcohol markers (both the floral palette and the neutral pallet. Colors 109, 132, 28, 125 and 138). The sentiment is from a Unity set called ...aging gorgeously, stamped in lucky clover and embossed with clear embossing powder. Mounted the mouse and sentiment with foam adhesive, natural twine and green enamel dots (gina marie designs) to finish it off!




4 comments:

  1. Fun card! Thanks for playing along with the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! Love the background with the garden mouse! So glad you shared with us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card, Jenni, and a fun take on the challenge! Thanks for playing along with the Inky Paws Challenge! Inky hugs, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so cute! I love your background and the cute little mouse! Thank you so much for joining us at the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete