thecutestblogontheblock.com

Friday, February 16, 2024

Newton's Nook Inky Paws Challenge #216

 Newton's Nook Inky Paws Challenge is a challenge I try to do! I've recently just purchased a new-to-me set called Garden Mice and instead of only using the Llama (previously only set I owned) or a freebie....I have a new option!


Challenge #216 is a sketch! I have said it before....but I love a good sketch! This one sort of came to me during the middle of the night! LOL Does that happen to you too?!? I knew I wanted to use this mouse with the flower and then remembered some Unity Stamp Co. paper I have (Hello Daisy) that would go perfectly! Following the sketch I die cut the grey/daisy paper and the yellow gingham paper with Unity nesting die sets in both scallops and rectangles and scallops and banners.


I stamped the image onto white cardstock with versafine clair in nocturne and die cut with the coordinating die set. I colored with some kingart alcohol-based markers (neutral palette and floral palette) and then added some white gel pen accents. He was getting a little lost on the yellow gingham paper so I die cut a vellum circle (used Unity Stamp Co. scallops and circles nesting die set). I stamped the sentiment right on the vellum and then embossed with clear embossing powder....mostly because it was taking too long to dry and I'm somewhat impatient! LOL I added some gina marie enamel dots for a little accent!

so cute!! Wish me luck! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh... so cute, Jenni! I love the pretty papers you paired up with the adorable mouse! So sweet! Thanks for playing along with the Inky Paws Challenge! Inky hugs, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! This is just the sweetest!! Thank you for playing along with the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this so much! The colors are perfect for spring! Thanks for joining the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this mice stamp set, and you've used it wonderfully! Your papers worked perfectly with the sweet mouse! So glad you shared with us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete