thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, July 28, 2022

One More! - BYSHC 2022 Christmas in July Linky Party

One more card to add to the stash! Just in time for the last couple days of the BYSHC 2022 Christmas in July Linky Party!

My card today features an image and sentiment from one of our sponsors, Angie Blom Digital Designs.  This friendly guy can be found by searching Hey, Santa!


I did end up following Sketch 16 again.....just love that one! Started with a white cardbase. The brick background was created by using a stencil from The Rabbit Hole Designs, called Back Alley. I blended several different distress oxides/inks to get to a color I was happy with. They included Crackling Campfire, Wild Honey, Frayed Burlap and then some Black Soot. The dotted paper is from a kit by My Mind's Eye called Holly Jolly. I printed the image on watercolor paper and that's when the struggle began. This is the third printing and attempt at coloring! I know....the struggle is real my friends! The method that finally worked for me was using the Tombow ABT markers as watercolors by coloring on an acetate sheet, adding water and using a water brush to move the colors around to where I was happy with the saturation! Still not sure I'm 100% satisfied, but I did like this one the best! I then added a few jewels from Pink Fresh Studios.

Entering as #149!



5 comments:

  1. Super cute! Nothing better than a Santa image for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Santa image! I love the way your card turned out with this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful and a perfect Christmas card for a guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! Love that Santa image.

    ReplyDelete