thecutestblogontheblock.com

Saturday, December 3, 2022

Advent calendar day 3

 Well things have definitely picked up around the house......and I don't mean picked up in the crafting department! Sadly! Too much to do, not enough time to craft! So on day 3, I created one card (so far), but lots of ideas for more!


Started with a piece of regular 60lb white cardstock. Stamped the day 3 stamp (poinsettia) all over with versa mark ink. Sprinkled the white embossing powder over and heated. Once cool, I ink blended all over with Lumberjack Plaid Distress Oxide. After I wiped the excess ink off of the embossed images I sprinkled some water on to create some distressing. When that wasn't enough contrast I grabbed some Yasutomo Pearlescent watercolors. After adding quite a bit of water, I sprinkled some white all over. Unfortunately (what you may or may not be able to see) I didn't wait long enough for it to dry and it smeared in a few spots! And it also got everywhere! LOL There is some on the black background panel too! I used the Unity Stamp Co. Scallops and Rectangles (which appears to be sold out currently) for the background panels and the scallops and circles for the focal image. The sentiment comes from Gracielle Cheery Christmas. I added some white sparkly enamel dots from Gina Marie Designs and some foam tape!


No comments:

Post a Comment