thecutestblogontheblock.com

Saturday, February 25, 2023

Hero Arts February Challenge - Card #2

 Thought I'd enter another card in the Hero Arts February Challenge. The theme is "Animal Crackers." Their definition is the best: 

"if it goes baa, cluck, moo, roar, bark, honk, meow, neigh, oink, hee-haw, quack, trumpet, whoop, squeak, howl, gobble, hoot, croak, chirp, whistle or buzz, and if it crawls, hops, flies, swims, jumps, hovers, flutters, waddles or burrows – all creatures great and small are welcome here!"

So here is my fluttering flying creature! LOL  I started with a white card base, added a piece of Bazzill dotted swiss paper in the color Cornmeal. Next I used a pre-inked watercolor panel (details below) and ink blended over it with a Hero Arts Stencil (Floral swirls SA-152) and some distress ink in the color wild honey. I die cut the panel using the Unity Stamp Co. rectangle and scallops nesting dies (which appear to be currently unavailable).  The butterfly is also from Unity Stamp Co. A set called The Secret of Change. It also has a digital download cut file which I used to cut out the butterfly. I then added some Nuvo Aqua Shimmer in glitter gloss to the wings.  Popped it up with a tiny piece of foam tape under the middle.  Jewels are from Pinkfresh Studio (they usually have a 12 color box, but not available at this time. I used the color peach fuzz). The sentiments are from a Hero Arts set called Hello Stamp & Cut (DC-151).


close up of the glittery shimmery wings!


So this panel that I started with was created after watching a video I saw some time ago.....to clean my blender brushes with water and watercolor paper. Dip the brush in water and swirl it on a watercolor panel. Easy peasy and you create a giant pile of backgrounds ready to stamp or stencil or whatever you want! I need to make more, my blender brushes are FULL of ink!!

Thanks for visiting and be sure to leave me some love to let me know you were here.
:)


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card. Love that yellow, pretty butterfly too. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Challenge.

    ReplyDelete