thecutestblogontheblock.com

Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Sketch 8

 I love a sketch! I sometimes need a little help with design, which is when I go to a sketch! I have saved piles and piles of sketches for years and 100% go back and get inspiration from them! A sketch is a jumping off point! It's not set in stone, but there to help you get a vision for your project! This sketch is from Tawny Owl Paperie and it's their Inky Inspiration Sketch #8.


Where I live in Florida is just a few miles from the Winter Strawberry Capital of the World (or so we've been told), Plant City! Strawberry season runs from December until March and there is a Strawberry Festival every year...this being the 93rd! I have plans to enter some cards into their Neighborhood Village Contest for paper crafts/cardmaking! I've never had a blue ribbon from a fair before! LOL Fingers Crossed! So this card started with a white card base, the kraft cardstock was run through an embossing folder from Spellbinders called plaid company. Distressed it with some vintage photo distress oxide. Next I stamped the image (from Unity Stamp Co. Berry Sweet Moments) onto watercolor paper using VersaFine Clair in Nocturne. Colored with Tombow ABT markers and then fussy cut. I used the scallops and circles nesting dies to create the base of the berries. I stamped the sentiment on white cardstock and die cut it as well....and distressed with vintage photo. I added some foam tape and some pink enamel dots (ginamarie designs) for a little added sweetness!


Thanks for visiting! Leave me some love to let me know you were here! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment