thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, March 30, 2023

Unity Stamp Co. March Sketch Challenge - Card 1

March at Unity Stamp Co. has brought a sketch for their monthly challenge! Unfortunately it's taken me until almost the last day of the month to actually get a chance to create with it! One done and hopefully a few more before tomorrow evening arrives!



Today's card features the set Another Name for Love. Several years ago (6 years actually! I had to go back and look for the video and tutorial) I saw a quick video about using colored pencils and gamsol. Well at the time I had no idea what gamsol was so I saved the video for some future time that I knew a little bit more about it.  Well turns out it was a video by Gina K Designs who designed this stamp set! This was the flower that she used in her video (link here: https://youtu.be/_Rh4hmEpJhk). I used Tombow ABT Markers and a blender pen, but same technique basically! I love how this turned out! Now that I have found (and re-watched) the video, I want to make ALLLL the colors!! LOL 

The rest of the story of this card is that I stamped the image on watercolor paper with VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink, then colored with Tombow ABT Markers (flower 606, 603 and N00, leaves 158, 192 and N00, then shaded with N89). The background paper is from Unity called Pink & Blue Watercolored. Ribbon is most likely from Michael's and the sequins are from the Autumn Wonder set by Spiegelmom Scraps.

Thanks for visiting and leave me some love to let me know you were here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment