thecutestblogontheblock.com

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

{BYSHC} Spring into Christmas Linky Party - Peace & Joy

 Welcome back! I'm continuing along with my desk scrap cleanup! There are still 4 days to link up your creations to be eligible for the super awesome sponsored prizes to be awarded! More information on the {BYSHC} Blog! On with the show!


Today's card features a bunch of scraps and a beautiful Christmas/Holiday scene created by Colorado Craft Company called Wonderful Time! I have to say.....I even impressed myself with this one! LOL Don't you just love it when you go outside of your comfort box and create something you didn't even know you could do!?! 


Started with a white top fold horizontal card base. I chose an older {BYSHC} sketch for this one....it's below for reference. The kraft panel was distressed with vintage photo as well as a distressing tool. The red panel and green panel were literally laying on the desktop! LOL I stamped the image using versafine clair in nocturne onto watercolor paper. Colored with Tombow ABT markers. I then tried a new technique (to me anyway) to ink an acrylic block, use a waterbrush to get it nice and watery and then color in the background! Why have I never done this before, I'm not quite sure. I can tell you I will be doing it again!! 


this was before I added the sentiment and the starburst....kind of wish I hadn't done the starburst, but what's done is done! :)

Thanks for the visit! See you soon!


3 comments:

  1. What a cute card! I just love these mice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love your little scene of the mice getting ready for Christmas! You've colored them wonderfully and showcased them so well with the papers you've chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your desk scrap cards, Jenni!! This one is a fave though... so cute!

    ReplyDelete