thecutestblogontheblock.com

Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Guest Designer at SpiegelMom Scraps!

 Here it is September and I am honored to be the guest designer at SpiegelMom Scraps this month! SpiegelMom Scraps is an online store that specializes in packages of coordinating sequins! They also have other goodies....embellishments, foam tape and acetate to create shakers and cut files as well! I fell in love with the sequin packs because they contain coordinating sequins in different shapes and colors all in the same package!


It's been a hot minute since I have created a scrapbook layout, but oooooh these sequins had my creative juices flowing! I found this sketch on Pinterest. It belongs to Sketches in Thyme which I have since found on Facebook!


I started scrapbooking about 20 or so years ago.  I've got about 15 or more completed scrapbooks and TONS and TONS of pictures laying around!  For reference my daughter is 6 years old in the pictures I've used, and she just turned 16 in April! YIKES! I had better get busy on the scrapbooks! LOL


I started with selecting the photos and the paper and laid it all out to see what went together! The paper is some super old Basic Grey called Wisteria from 2008! Sketches to me are a good jumping off point. As you can see my photos are larger than the measurements in the sketch, but I made it work and fit everything in as best as I could! 


Next was creating the shaker element! I have literally made probably a total of 4 shakers in my life and whew, they are still a challenge for me! But I was determined to have one on this layout so here we go!! :) Started with a circle of white cardstock, then I cut several "rings" using a die set from Unity Stamp Co. I glued the cardstock rings together to create a thicker platform. Then used the circle dies to cut an acetate circle! The sequins I chose for this layout are from the Dramatic pack. I also added some gold seed and bugle beads I had on hand.  Love that shaker sound!


I had so much fun with this that I have gathered more photos to get another layout started!!  Here are more photos of the beautiful sparkly sequins I used!




Flowers, brads, twine and gold cardstock all from my stash! Letters were cut using my Cricut Explore 3.

Can't wait for more projects to come! Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment