thecutestblogontheblock.com

Friday, September 15, 2023

All Things Fall!

 Every month the Unity Stamp Co. Show & Tell Facebook page sponsors a challenge. It could be a sketch, a theme, a color palette, an idea......could be anything! This month, September, it's All Things Fall. This group of people on this page as well as Unity Stamp Co itself are all amazing and SUPER talented!! It's my go-to place to find inspiration! Sometimes I join in the challenge and sometimes I don't get a chance to. But this month I did get a card completed for this fall challenge!


This idea sort of popped into my head when I saw a scrap of white ribbon that my daughter had discarded laying on the counter! LOL I remembered all the glimmer mist spray bottles I have had in my stash forever and thought I wonder how hard it would be to color that ribbon and make it something else! Well outside I went! After I sprayed the ribbon there was some leftover ink on my mat so I grabbed some watercolor scraps and soaked it all up. But the spray bottles were staring at me to keep going! LOL So I did! 

A few of the items I used are from Plain Jane Semi Opaque Matte Mist (Tiger Lily and Fire) and also Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Brick, Tuscan Sun, Sand and Tattered Leather). To be clear these are not new items! They have been around since I started crafting! 


These were just scraps of watercolor paper I had laying on top of the scrap pile. Sprayed and sprayed and shook them to move the ink, and dropped some drops....just played around! 

The card pictured was created by using some products from Unity Stamp Co. They include a stamp and die combo set called Fall Y'all (Whit Kit 10/21), a edge die (Whit Kit 9/22) and a sentiment stamp from With Appreciation. I cut the shapes from one of the inked pieces using the dies in the kit, stamped with the stamps and then embossed with nuvo embossing powder in gold enchantment. The stitched square is also a Unity die set called scallops and squares. Added some twine, some foam tape and some enamel dots from Gina Marie Designs and it's finished!


A close up of the gold embossing details on the leaves! It's really pretty and fall feeling!


No comments:

Post a Comment