thecutestblogontheblock.com

Friday, September 29, 2023

Sketch 37 is on it's last days.....

 {BYSHC} Sketch 37 will be finished tomorrow night at Midnight! Winners for this sketch will be announced on October 1st!


Today's card is a special one because it's something I don't create often......a shaker card! I was asked to be a guest designer for the month of September for SpiegelMom Scraps. SMS is an online store that sells mostly sequins and sparkly things! I discovered these little bags of joy by accident! What I love about them is the variety in each bag! They all go together and are different shapes and sizes!


As you can probably tell, the sequin packet I chose (Capture Today) has LOTS of colors! I only pulled out the dark blue, light blue and ivory. I started with a white cardbase and measured and cut the patterned paper according to the sketch. The snowflake paper and the sentiment(s) are all from Unity Stamp Co.  I cut the shaker panel from white cardstock and then cut another for the frame. The acetate sheet was also cut with the same measurements. I added some foam adhesive to make the "pocket" for the shaker elements. I used the three colors of sequins and some micro beads. The circle was cut with the scallops and circles nesting die set from Unity Stamp Co. and ink blended with some distress oxides. The snowflake was cut using my cricut. The sentiment was stamped with versafine clair in nocturne, embossed with some WOW! Neutral Ultra Shimmer Embossing Glitter and then cut apart. Not one of my best shaker elements, but practice makes perfect!









No comments:

Post a Comment