thecutestblogontheblock.com

Sunday, October 1, 2023

Hello October! Sketch 38 is up!!

 October 1st! WOW! As the holidays are quickly approaching it's a great time to get started on some cards! {BYSHC} has a sketch for that! LOL Either on Facebook or their blog, {BYSHC} is a great place for inspiration! Sketch 38 has begun and will last through the end of October! Even more fun in October is our Falling for the Holidays Linky Party happening mid-month! Prizes galore! (More info to come!)


This card sort of came to me in the middle of the night! I had the idea and put it together the next morning! I have always wanted to create a "winter sunset" with ink blending and thought I'd give it a shot! I absolutely LOVE how this turned out!

Pictured below is how this all started! I grabbed a piece of Canson XL watercolor paper and started blending! Antique linen, seedless preserves, faded jeans and black soot were my colors of choice (it's also what I have)! Blend, blend, blend until you get a blend you like! I then sprinkled some water on top to create the "snowfall."


After the blending process, I cut it according to the measurements on the sketch (pictured below). I then stamped the trees (from a Unity Stamp Co. set called winter wonderland walk) with Versafine Clair in Nocturne. White card base, black background, then a navy blue background. The inked panels were then placed onto a white background and the sentiment was stamped onto a piece of white and added. Embossed vellum circle, button and twine from my stash!

Absolutely love it!!

The Falling for the Holiday's Linky Party starts on the 20th! More details about sponsors to come!



Don't forget to link of Sketch 38 projects before the 31st to be eligible for the drawing!





No comments:

Post a Comment