thecutestblogontheblock.com

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Falling for the Holidays 2023 {BYSHC} Linky Party - Peace & Joy

 We are on day 6 of the Falling for the Holidays 2023 {BYSHC} Linky Party! Getting closer to the end!


Today is Wednesday and at Unity Show & Tell (Facebook group) that means its Unity Membership Makes day!


What you can't tell from this picture is the entire thing SPARKLES! I started with a piece of watercolor paper. I then ink blended over it using Distress Inks in evergreen bough and peacock feathers, then finished with Distress Oxides in salvaged patina, hickory smoke. Once done I sprayed some water onto an acrylic sheet. I had plans to just splatter water over it, but then decided to just smoosh the water onto the ink and see what happened! I think it looks so cool!! I splattered some watered down white acrylic paint onto that to mimic snowfall. I then stamped the background stamp, which is from the Unity Stamp Co. December 2022 Kit of the Month called {a new chapter} on to the panel using Versafine Clair in Nocturne. This is where it went in a different direction than I had planned.....I had only wanted to emboss the stars with the glitter embossing powder, but 1) I failed to "anti-static" the panel and 2) the black ink was still wet! Once the glitter embossing powder was on more places than I had intended....I just sprinkled it all over! After the embossing powder was melted I die cut the panel with the largest scalloped rectangle from the scallops and rectangle nesting die set from Unity Stamp Co. The sentiment, which was also embossed with glitter is also from a Unity kit called ...cherished holly. While it's not a subscription kit it's still a specialized kit, November 2021 Unity Sentiment Kit. Mounted the die cut panel onto a black background and it's finished! While I was thinking that it was too simple, it pretty much speaks for itself! The video of the sparkle is amazing!! :)


Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave me some love! :)



1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful card, Jenni! I love this stamp for a holiday card! And the sparkle is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete