thecutestblogontheblock.com

Sunday, October 22, 2023

{BYSHC} 2023 Falling for the Holidays Linky Party! (Scraps Edition - pt 1)

 Hello and welcome back to the Falling for the Holidays 2023 {BYSHC} Linky Party


This is a shout out to all the paper scraps that have been stored in a box or bin and have been waiting around to shine! GET THOSE SCRAPS OUT AND CREATE! This is your reminder! :)

I know you have some sitting around! I just organized my crafty space and my scraps and discovered I have WAAAAY too many!! I created a bunch of backgrounds....a couple were Christmas. I have a ton more scraps so be on the lookout for more scrap backgrounds!



These scraps are mostly from an older (2010) My Minds Eye kit called I Believe. This is a well loved kit so there are lots of scraps! I started with a scrap piece of white cardstock to which I added some adhesive. I cut the strips of paper according to the pattern on the paper. For example I didn't want to cut the trees in half or cut off the stars, same with the brown strips...wanted to keep the scallops of the design. Arranged them onto the adhesive and then die cut the whole thing with a rectangle die from the scallops and rectangles nesting dies from Unity Stamp Co. (*sponsor alert*). The green stitched scallop background was also cut with this die set and was also in the scrap bin! I had cut out a smaller piece from the inside of the panel so this beautiful scalloped piece was not only the perfect green but also waiting for it's second life! The cute little tree and sentiment are also from Unity (small stuff christmas). I die cut the circle and banners as well with some Unity scallops and circles die sets (the banners were part of another kit and are unfortunately not sold in their store). I added some red enamel dots from Gina Marie Designs (*another sponsor) and some foam tape to add dimension! So much fun to find papers that go together and then to find a stamp or image that goes too!

My day one post has a list of the AMAZINGLY generous sponsors!

Please join in the fun and get your cards linked up by midnight on the 27th!






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Jenni! Loving the use of scraps for your background! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the little tree!

    ReplyDelete