Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #224

 Wednesday's are my current favorite day because I have the day off of my part-time job and my family is out of the house, leaving me to craft, craft, craft!



The latest challenge at Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws is #224, which is a color challenge!
I am trying to build my NND stamps and found these two sets on eBay! Peony Blooms (cir 2018) and Simply Sentimental (cir 2014)! Both of which are no longer available! :(

 I started with my background! One of my favorite techniques is ink smooshing! Yes, that's exactly what it is!! I took colors of distress inks that matched the color challenge (worn lipstick, scattered straw and shabby shutters) and added them, individually, to an acetate sheet and added some water. I then gently tapped the color around my white cardstock until I was satisfied with the coverage. I did this with all three colors. *TIP* be sure to completely dry each color before adding another! The colors tend to blend too much if still wet. Next I die cut with the largest scalloped and rectangle nesting die from Unity Stamp Co. This is where I should have thought this through first! LOL I then took a piece of white cardstock and die cut it with a background die plate from My Creative Time called zig zag background die (which also appears to be no longer available). I separated the little pieces that made up the pattern and then realized that the border was the exact same size as my scalloped panel....I tried to line up the die cut panel with the scalloped die to get the scallops to match, but alas it wasn't exactly correct! Oh well!!  I attached the die cut zig zag panel with a zig 2 way glue pen. 


Next I stamped the peonys onto white cardstock with VersaFine Clair in nocturne. Colored with watered down versions of these distress inks and watercolored to match! While most of Newton's Nook stamps have matching die sets....this one did not come from eBay with one! :/ So fussy cutting it is!! After I cut them up I arranged them where I thought they would look best. The sentiment panel was also stamped onto white cardstock with VersaFine Clair in nocturne and then die cut with a banner die from Unity Stamp Co.  I attached the flowers and sentiment using Tombow Mono Liquid Glue to be sure it was stuck in all the little spaces between the zig zags. The last flower I added with some foam tape. I then added some clear dew drops and onto the cardbase it went!

Inspiration for this card was found on Pinterest and an old blog post from 2018 from a former DT member Naki Rager.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!! I love it! Thanks for playing along with the Inky Paws Challenge! Inky hugs, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous! I haven't ink smooshed for a really long time. You've inspired me to use this technique soon! So glad you shared this amazing project with us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Welcome July! {BYSHC} Sketch 47!

  Hello and welcome! Happy July 1st! Sketch 47 from {BYSHC} is here and goes through the entire month! Each month the sketch challenge pri...