Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Unity Membership Makes Wednesday - Faith

 Wednesday's are my favorite days 1) because it's my day off, 2) because it's #UnityMembershipMakes day! I get to dig out all my fantastic Unity kits and make something magical! Unity's Show & Tell Facebook Group is a great place for inspiration!


I started this lovely card with some inspiration from Unity Design Team member Echo Noble! Started with a piece of white cardstock, to it I added one of my favorite techniques...ink smooshing! It is as fun as it sounds! 


I took these three colors of distress inks (old paper, worn lipstick, shaded lilac) individually (not together) and "smooshed" them onto a sheet of acetate, added water and carefully tapped the wet ink panel all over the white cardstock until I was happy with the coverage. *TIP* Dry each layer before adding another! You could possibly "blend" too much and the colors would get muddy! After I was happy with the color saturation I stamped a Unity Background Stamp called A Faithful Letter on top using distress oxide in vintage photo. To that I added a tiny dot stamp from the May 2023 Kit of the Month called {bloom in color} using distress ink in walnut stain. Next the panel was die cut using the largest scalloped and rectangle nesting die from Unity, then ink blended around the edge. The bird is from the April 2024 Whit Kit called Bloom for New Beginnings. I stamped it onto white cardstock with VersaFine Clair in nocturne. Next I took the same three colors of ink from above and smooshed them again onto a acetate sheet, added some water and used that (along with a water brush) to water color the image!  All Unity stamps come with a white backing sheet as part of the manufacturing process. I used the white backing paper to create a mask to ink blend over the image for a nice crisp edge! Once ink blended I tore the panel as close to the image as I could, then ink blended over the torn edge to create a vintage-y look. The sentiment is also from a Kit of the Month April 2022 {true colors}. I glued this die cut panel to a piece of kraft cardstock (also from Unity) and added some pink burlap twine and pearls to finish it off!


If you are not a member of the Show & Tell page, I strongly suggest you join! Not only is there a ton of inspiration from the design team members, but everyone! Create and post away!! Never know you could inspire someone today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome July! {BYSHC} Sketch 47!

  Hello and welcome! Happy July 1st! Sketch 47 from {BYSHC} is here and goes through the entire month! Each month the sketch challenge pri...