Friday, August 9, 2024

{BYSHC} Sketch #48 - Cup of Cheer

 My goal all year has been to use the monthly sponsored company's products on the cards that I post. I was so wrapped up in the Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party that I just grabbed this digi stamp from Not2Shabby and did the whole thing before I remembered the sponsor this month is Unity Stamp Co.! Unlike the Linky Party, this challenges entries are to be made in the appropriate album on the {BYSHC} Facebook page!


I created these strips of scrap pieces during the Linky Party, but thought they would be appropriate for this sketch! I am getting ready to attempt a video about how I did this background. I am shocked at the response it received when I did it for the Linky Party! The link to that written instruction can be found HERE. Once a video is ready, I'll add that link here too!

Started with a bunch of scraps cut into 1/2" strips, arranged them on a piece of copy paper, then cut them into 1/2" strips going the opposite way! Glued them down onto my cardstock base and this is the outcome! I did die cut the scrap panel and the kraft mat panel using the scalloped and rectangle nesting dies from Unity. The digi stamp as I said is from Not2Shabby which happens to be a freebie! After it was colored, I distressed the edges with some vintage photo and walnut stain. The "cookie" shapes are stickers from Miss Kate Cuttables. The red enamel dots finish it off and they are from Gina Marie Designs.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab some scraps and create!

  Today I saw a card posted by my friend Crystal Minkler using scraps to create a card based on the TOP Inky Inspiration Sketch 25 . If you&...