Friday, August 16, 2024

{BYSHC} Sketch #48 - Holiday Cheer

 Hello and welcome to August! After the Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party I still had a ton of scraps that I didn't get to use. What better way than to make another background! Unlike the Linky Party your submissions go into the appropriate sketch folder on the {BYSHC} FB Page! 


Sketch 48 is pictured below. The fun thing about sketch 48 is that it was inspired by one of my cards from last year! :) How fun is that?!? It too was created by stacking strips of scrap cardstock together to create an interesting background! The papers that I have used here are all different manufacturers! they just looked good together! Nothing scientific about it! :) This month's prize sponsor is Unity Stamp Co.! This is where the majority of my stamp and die supplies came from!

This card started with a piece of copy paper that I added some adhesive to and started stacking my strips. The strips are cut into 1/2" strips. Once they are all stuck down, I take my scissors and trim them down. The kraft cardstock mat is from Unity.  The reindeer and sentiment are from a Unity set called Winter Cheer and Deer. I stamped them both onto white cardstock, die cut the reindeer with the scalloped and circle nesting dies, distressed around the edges with vintage photo and a little walnut stain and then mounted it on the opposite side of the card. I thought he should be looking over the entire card instead of just the edge! ;)  Next I took the largest scalloped and rectangle nesting die and cut the entire thing. That way everything is pressed down and the circle edge matches! The sentiment was die cut using another Unity nesting die set called scallops and banners! I distressed it as well with vintage photo. After all was said and done, I added some red enamel dots from Gina Marie Designs to finish it off!




My inspiration card! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab some scraps and create!

  Today I saw a card posted by my friend Crystal Minkler using scraps to create a card based on the TOP Inky Inspiration Sketch 25 . If you&...