thecutestblogontheblock.com

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Growing in Unity - Day 2!

 Hello and welcome back for day 2 of my Growing in Unity week! If you missed day one....you can find it here!

I am a big proponent of Thank you cards! If someone takes the time to send you a gift or do something nice for you or provides you with excellent service or ANYTHING, the least you could do is let them know how you feel about it and that you appreciate them thinking of you! Today's post is about saying thank you!


I love the simplicity but the elegance of this snowflake in this Sentiment Kit from October 2020 by Unity Stamp Co. called Heart of Christmas. It also comes with a die set that coordinates with the large words, but this "thanks" is not available any longer. I stamped the heart of snowflakes onto cardstock with distress oxide in stormy sky and embossed with clear embossing powder. I then die cut the panel with the large rectangle from Scallops and Rectangle nesting dies (from Unity). Stuck it to a white cardbase, die cut the word and then attached it to that panel using a glue pen! After all that was said and done....I thought it may need something more.


This is the original card.....embossed stamped image and die cut word.

Then I added a few rhinestones....


Then a few more......


Then I tried pearls (gina marie designs)! I love them all!

This card design/idea came about because my sister-in-law asked for thank you cards that were "not Christmasy, but wintery"! They don't have to be difficult or fancy or hard! They just need to be addressed and mailed! Easy peasy lemon squeezy! This simple but elegant card will be much appreciated by the recipient!

Don't forget to comment each day to be eligible for the random drawing of two Unity Stamp Co. store credits!! It could be you!










14 comments:

  1. Very pretty and classy set of thank you cards! I'm sure your sister-in-law will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards using a favorite stamp... and YES! I agree on the importance of sending thank you cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, the pearls are perfect addition. I love this heart snowflake stamp. I used it as January birthday cards one year.-Pam Foy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect for a gift at Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. I'm sure the recipient will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card design to mass produce.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I love the heart-shaped snowflake stamp! Awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great thank you cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty cards!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the embellishments in the snowflakes. Good addition.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These thank you cards are so elegant-perfectly CAS!

    ReplyDelete