thecutestblogontheblock.com

Friday, December 15, 2023

Growing in Unity Day 5! Thank you for an amazing week!

 I have gotten to the end of my super fun week!! Day 1, day 2, day 3 and day 4 are here if you'd like to go back to the beginning of the week! 

Today's card(s) feature my other obsession.......scraps! I am a hoarder of scraps! All sizes, I have a hard time throwing away anything! Every once in a while I gather all my scraps together and make a bunch of backgrounds or put similar colors or patterns together and create something that wasn't there before!


These 6 cards are all created using scraps! Some Unity paper and some not...along with Unity stamps and dies! I am always amazed at the number of cards I get when I put all the scraps together! It's fun to find stuff that goes together! Not necessarily the same paper pack, but colors that work together!


Stamps used for this one are ....extended celebration and ...aging gorgeously.


Stamps used for this one are ...extended celebration and 5/23 KOM {bloom in color}


Stamps used for this one are all included in ...extended celebration.


This one was not a stamp that was used, but a die set.  Say it Big die set, coordinates with the stamp set of the same name! 


The stamps used for this one are from ...aging gorgeously and Insightful Meadows.


And last but not least, this was created with a die and stamp set combination.  Many more birthdays is the set, but it appears that the die is not available.

this is the pile of scraps I found that I started with...I then grabbed the Unity paper scraps (I keep those in a separate bag ;)


and this is what my desk looks like AFTER the SCRAP-ocalypse!!


You can see that there are PLENTY of scraps left to make a bunch more cards, and I very well may do that! But for now, I probably need to get working on addressing and mailing out some Christmas/Holiday cards!

I would like to wish everyone a Happy Holiday Season, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

God bless and I'll see y'all next year! :) <3


















Favorite scissors for fussy cutting!




12 comments:

  1. Great use of scraps! I’m also a scrap collector. As I’m cleaning I think to myself, how small is too small of a scrap to keep? Is there such a thing as too small? Then I end up with a large pile haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the card and would like to case a few, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! What a great collection and good use of scraps! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so pretty! What a great way to use up scraps. Thanks for giving us so much inspiration this week! -Pam Foy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to do this! Awesome idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing bunch of cards! I love that you used so many scraps to make these beauties. I feel guilty throwing away scraps and I do save some, so I need to do this. Congrats on a great GIU week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy you are one of the winners of a $20 credit! Congratulations!
      Please email kelli@unitystampco.com to claim your gift credit within 2 weeks. In the subject line please put "winner from Jenni's GIU week.” $20 credit will be added to your account!!

      Delete
  7. Great idea for scrap background paper. Thank you for a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your scrappy makes!! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards! I started 2023 vowing to use up my scraps. Still have a lot left but will continue to use them. Thanks for sharing your cards and creativity this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such fun cards! Love the way you used the papers! Great ideas!
    Thanks for a fun GIU week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Those are some fabulous cards you were able to put together with your scraps. I really need to try doing something like this! I love how they all turned out!

    ReplyDelete