thecutestblogontheblock.com

Monday, December 11, 2023

Growing in Unity Week!!

 I am so excited to be the Unity Growing in Unity girl this week!! It's been a busy busy year and this week is probably the busiest! Last minute things, dance winter performance, college student coming home for winter break, high schooler getting ready for semester exams, Christmas projects need to be finished! Panic in full swing! LOL 

With that being said, most of us (hopefully) have all the Christmas cards and holiday craft projects either finished or in the final stages ready to be given! Once that's done and out of the way, my mind immediately turns to Birthday (Mom's birthday is January 14th, BFF birthday is January 8th) so there is little time to rest, not to mention the thank you cards! 

Today's post is all about the birthdays!! I occasionally make backgrounds for no specific purpose! Either to clean my brushes or to try a technique I've seen or to use up scraps! Let's make some Birthday cards!


I think I may have made this background in July after seeing Crystal's Technique Tuesday post about using two different background stamps together and lots of colors. This is the Wings and Petals Ledger background stamp from Unity using multiple colors kind of dabbed around the stamp randomly. Along with the Background of the Month from 12/22 called Criss Cross Grunge. I used the Scallops and Rectangle Nesting Dies to cut the main panel, then used the smaller two to cut the center out and then a piece of kraft (also from Unity). That panel was attached using foam tape! The sentiment is from ...extended celebration which is a sentiment kit from May 2022.  Jute twine is from may arts ribbon and the natural bakers twine is from BellaCreationz. Pearls are from Gina Marie Designs and the chipboard butterfly has been in my stash for quite a while! It's from UmWOWStudio.



Please don't forget to comment! At the end of my week, I will chose two commenters at random to receive a Unity store credit!

Pictures of what I used, but links are listed above! :)











19 comments:

  1. What a beautiful start to your GIU week. This card is gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Butterflies and Birthdays, what’s not to love? I liked that you used 2 backgrounds. Thanks for sharing-Pam Foy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! Someone will love receiving it. Love the effect of mixing backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card! I also will make all sorts of backgrounds and eventually turn them into cards. I am looking forward to your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! The pink and orange combo is so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty colors and design! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful! Love it!
    Karen adams

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card. Also really like the colors used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great birthday card. I love those two backgrounds layered together. Looking forward to your week of projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, love the background

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful layering and embellishments! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a lovely card-the colors, the layering-great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty card!! I love the hint of craft against the bright orange and pink.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, what fun cards and so colorful!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  15. I’ve never tried two background stamps on one card. I like all the colors and dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! I love layering background stamps!

    ReplyDelete