thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, December 14, 2023

Growing in Unity Day 4!

 The week of fun for me is quickly coming to a close! Day 4 of my {Growing in Unity} week is here! If you'd like to go back, links are here! Day 1, day 2 and day 3.

Birthday cards were on my mind today! I hope I'm not the only one that does this....but I stamp the image and think "nah, needs to be on white," "nope, let me watercolor that," "hmmmm maybe black on kraft is the answer." Then you end up stamping the image over and over and over! Well that happened to me with this image from the Kit of the Month 2/23 {happy soul}.


Started first with black on kraft. I wasn't super happy with that. Next was.....


Jolande's technique! I have watercolor pencils (from a Whit Kit a while back), that I did her technique (as best I could). But it still didn't really seem like "me," ya know?!?


Next I tried coloring with some alcohol markers that I found at Ross (not copics, or any other brand name I can think of)! 




After the alcohol markers I came back to the black on kraft and colored in the flowers with a white colored pencil (crayola if you can believe it)! Pretty sure it was a leftover from the kids school supplies! LOL


Closer look at the watercolor.


All the stamped images do not go to waste! I have one more image that needs to get used, but maybe not this time! :) All in all....see where your creativity takes you! In this case it took me in three completely different directions! Same floral stamp.....three different outcomes!

As I linked above, the floral is from the 2/23 KOM. The birthday sentiments are from gotta love sentiments, extended celebration and aging gorgeously.  I used the scallops and rectangle nesting dies, some foam adhesive along with some burlap and white twine and Gina Marie Designs enamel dots!

Be sure to come back tomorrow for day 5! It's been a great week!!

(products used....links above)














12 comments:

  1. WOW, these are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think each one of these holds its own beauty. Any recipient would be thrilled to get one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards and thanks for sharing all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards and I love the idea of multiples in different mediums.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all these creative ideas with one stamp! All your cards are beautiful! -Pam Foy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I like the black on Kraft. Fun how they all came out different!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all lovely cards. I do love color so my favorite is the water color card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The watercolor one is my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all lovely cards. Anymore, having multiple uses for a stamp is a requirement before I can consider adding to my large collection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely floral cards! I don't think I've ever inked that stamp!! I need to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful floral designs! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love each of the cards you made with that pretty floral image. All are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete