Friday, September 20, 2024

{BYSHC} Sketch 49 - Have Yourself a Merry!

 Hello again! We are still working to fill our stash of Christmas and Holiday cards at {BYSHC}! Hope you have been following along all year! With Fall approaching, thoughts ultimately drift to Christmas and Holiday planning. 

The sponsor this month is Therm-O-Web! Be sure to get your cards into the sketch 49 album on Facebook for a chance at an awesome prize!


Today's card was inspired (loosely) by the cards Echo Noble posted on the Unity Stamp Co. website under this set...called Ornamental Greetings. This stamp set, the papers and the "ornament" die were all included in the November 2022 Whit Kit. 

I did decide to turn the card horizontal for this one, for no other reason than I had a horizontal card base laying out! LOL I started with the red background paper, then die cut some kraft using the largest scalloped and stitched rectangle die. This is where I didn't really think this through all the way before I glued everything together! LOL I glued everything together, then cut the patterned paper panel with the largest rectangle die. My papers were a bit thick! So had to go a couple times! (Learn from my mistake and just cut the papers to meet in the middle!)


The sentiment was stamped onto white cardstock, die cut with one of the circles from the scalloped and circle nesting dies and then distressed with some vintage photo. I also distressed the edge of the panel with the same. The red polka dot banners were added with a paperclip and don't forget the ornament topper!






No comments:

Post a Comment

{BYSHC} Sketch 49 - Have Yourself a Merry!

 Hello again! We are still working to fill our stash of Christmas and Holiday cards at {BYSHC} ! Hope you have been following along all year...