Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Grab some scraps and create!

 Today I saw a card posted by my friend Crystal Minkler using scraps to create a card based on the TOP Inky Inspiration Sketch 25. If you've been around my blog before you know that I am a scrap-a-holic! I have scraps on scraps laying all over! So I found a piece of scrap double sided patterned paper and went to town!


Unsure as to the manufacturer of the patterned paper, but the flowers are on one side and the diamonds are on the other. I found a scrap of cardstock that matched and there you go! The butterfly was getting a little lost, so I added the vellum circle. The sentiment is from Unity Stamp Co. kit He Provides. Because I don't have the exact size needed for the sentiment, I improvised by using one of the scallops and squares nesting dies and manipulating it to fit what I needed! The butterfly is really pretty old! An online friend from several years back started her own company called UmWowStudio. Lots of yummy goodies! Chipboard, mixed media stuff, washi tape! The butterflies are called layered butterflies! I added some enamel dots from Echo Park to add some interest!



I sometimes get a spark to make something interesting that wasn't expected! This is that thing! Crystal posts a sketch quite often and they are usually amazing!! This particular sketch goes until September 23rd! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab some scraps and create!

  Today I saw a card posted by my friend Crystal Minkler using scraps to create a card based on the TOP Inky Inspiration Sketch 25 . If you&...