Saturday, September 21, 2024

Inky Paws Challenge #232 - Cozy Fall!

 I struggle with fall cards...."fall" in Florida is basically the same as summer! Also, I don't typically send fall-ish cards! Soooooo, BIRTHDAY CARDS it is!


I created the plaid background based on the inspiration photo. Evergreen bough, festive berries, scattered straw and tea dye are the colors I used. I blended over a plaid builder stencil by Unity Stamp Co. Then I splattered some watered down white acrylic paint and some distress stain in vintage photo.  I die cut the panels with a Tim Holtz nesting die set called Stacked Deckle. Then I ink blended around the edges with more vintage photo and arranged them as I thought would look best. On to this cuuuuute mouse!! This little guy is from Newton's Nook Designs set called Garden Mice. Colored with some kingart alcohol markers and then used the matching die set to cut him out. The sentiment is from an older NND set called Simply Sentimental (sorry, it's no longer available). Stamped onto kraft with versamark and white embossing powder then tore the ends. Added some enamel dots, a cute little paperclip and a couple little accent flags for extra detail! Hope you like this one! It took awhile for me to figure out what to do! LOLOL







4 comments:

  1. For struggling with Fall cards, I think you did a great job! I love the plaid with that cute mouse! Thanks for joining the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great layout!! This is darling! Thanks for playing along with the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card, Jenni! I think you nailed the Fall vibe with these wonderful colors! Thanks for joining us over at the Inky Paws Challenge! Inky hugs, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your take on a fall card! The mouse is so cute with the mushroom and the plaid! I can understand your struggle with fall living in Florida, but you've captured the colors further north of there! So glad you shared with us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

{BYSHC} Sketch 49 - Merry Christmas

 We are to the last Friday of the month, so be sure to get your entries in for the {BYSHC} Sketch 49 before midnight on the 30th! As I have...