thecutestblogontheblock.com

Sunday, September 4, 2022

Ink Smooshing!!

 Ink Smooshing! Yes, that's what it's officially called! LOL The method of creating a background using water and ink/paint/markers to blend colors together for an amazing result!

This is my smooshed panel. I used a scrap piece of watercolor paper. Added some distress inks (evergreen bough, shabby shutters and forest moss) to an acrylic block (used for stamps) and added water! The ink moves around and blends as it's reacting to the water. The colors could be added one at a time and dried in between to make them less blended. But there is just about no way to mess it up!

These two cards were created by using some dies to cut smaller panels from the big sheet. I used Unity Stamp Co. Scallops and rectangles die set for this.


For the first one ^ I used the Insightful Meadows set for the floral silhouette. The sentiment came from the Cherished Holly Sentiment kit


For this second one, I used the holly and sentiment from the Cherished Holly Sentiment kit. I tied a bit of May Arts Twine around the sentiment for a little interest.

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment