thecutestblogontheblock.com

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Happy Birthday!

 I'm on somewhat of a roll here! I always need birthday cards, whether for my daughter's friends, my family, my friends....anybody! I created this by ink smooshing over an embossed image! The results are always amazing!



I started with a white cardstock panel, just plain ole 65 lb. I stamped the background stamp (from Unity Stamp Co., called Inked Florals) using VersaMark ink. Applied Gina K. Designs Embossing Powder in white over the top. Let the embossing powder do it's thing! Now the smooshing magic happens! I added some distress inks...one at a time....to an acrylic/plastic sheet, spritzed with water and applied it where I wanted the colors. Drying in between colors helps to keep them from running together. Watercolor paper may have been a better choice, but alas I'm out!  I used four different colors until I got the results I liked. After it was dry, I die cut it using the largest scallop die from Unity Stamp Co., scallops and rectangles nesting die set. This is easily my most used die set! I die cut the "birthday" background from a piece of scrap that matched using Unity Stamp Co., say it big die set. I cut 2 white and one glitter of the letters. It makes the sentiment pop off the page! Stamped "happy" from another set, blocked off the birthday part and only used the happy. VersaMark and white embossing powder again. I was considering adding jewels, but I think the background speaks for itself and didn't need anything extra!


These are the four colors I used.....started with lightest, then moved on from there.


Ink smooshing is one of my favorite techniques! It's so impactful and wow! Makes the backgrounds more of a focal piece rather than just a background! :)

Give it a try! Thanks for visiting, let me know you were here! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment