thecutestblogontheblock.com

Tuesday, September 6, 2022

#alwayssaythankyou

 My son's 19th birthday was this past weekend (September 3rd) and as he was headed back to his college dorm, I asked if he had any thank you cards to send to his grandparents and his aunt. Of course I knew the answer was no. I started to make these cards with him in mind....but he left before they were finished! LOL Typical teenager! But as with any teenaged boy, they don't want anything too fluffy or soft or sweet, so grunge, distressing and brads were my solution!


To start I took a piece of 65 lb white cardstock, cut it into 4 and ran it through the big shot with a Tim Holtz embossing folder. I brushed some black ink over the raised dots to distress it some. The "hello" bubble is from Heidi Swapp (dated 2013), I've had it forever! Stamped it in Gina K. dye ink in tranquil teal, then die cut it with matching die. The thanks stamp is from paper smooches (no date, but it's old) which I've also had forever! Glad I've decided to pull out old stuff! Stamped it on black cardstock with some versamark embossing ink and sprinkled on Gina K. embossing power in fine detail white. I added some silver brads (which you guessed it....have had forever) to give it a more grunge-like look!



Well he didn't take these, but he may need them in the future, or they may go to any number of teenaged boys I know! LOL

Thanks for visiting, please let me know you were here! :)

2 comments: