Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Unity Membership Makes Wednesday - True Love

 I love to get some quiet time in my crafty space to create! My mind just goes crazy with all the goodness that's here! Today is Wednesday which means it's Unity Membership Makes day! A day to pull out all the Unity Stamp Co. membership kits and make something amazing!


I was trying to think of what kind of cards I don't have a lot of.....wedding cards! I always seem to be making something last minute for a wedding! So today's card (hopefully there will be more) was planned as a wedding card, but could be so many other things!

I started with the stamping! I chose these sweet birds (from the February 2023 {happy soul} Kit of the Month) because they looked like they were in love! I stamped the using Versafine Clair in Nocturne onto a piece of patterned paper from Unity (Golden Marble Paper Pack). I die cut that piece using one of the scalloped and arches nesting die set. I used the same die to cut a piece of colored cardstock that matched the pinky purple in the background patterned paper. I used the largest scalloped and rectangle nesting die to cut the patterned paper from the Vintage Volumes paper pack (February 2024 Whit Kit). The sentiment came from another Kit of the Month....June 2023 {from the countryside} I stamped it onto black cardstock using versamark watermark ink and white embossing powder. I fussy cut it out to just have the words! I distressed the two arched panels with vintage photo and black soot, positioned them together to just have a corner of the colored cardstock showing. I then tied some natural bakers twine around the top...added some colored pearls and attached the sentiment with foam tape! 


This card went through many different versions before I landed on this one! Sometimes it takes a few minutes to move things around, position them in different ways, different colored background papers, etc to get it just right! Don't rush! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

**July 2024 Friends of Unity Blog Hop - Technique**

 Welcome to my very first post as a Friends of Unity Team Member! I am so excited to be here! This month of July is all about technique! I h...