Friday, June 14, 2024

{BYSHC} Sketch 46! - It's Santa!

Hello there and welcome! {BYSHC} the Sketch 46 challenge is half way complete! As it was announced at the beginning of the year, each month's challenge prize will be brought to you by one of our amazing sponsors! This month it happens to be Lawn Fawn! Entries must be entered into the Sketch 46 Album in the {BYSHC} Facebook group!


Ever have one of those "ah-ha" moments and then try to recreate on paper what you thought in your head?!? That's what happened here! I had the brilliant idea to create a rooftop using scalloped paper! :/ except that my scallop wasn't very big so it took way more layers than I expected! LOL However, this super cute card took shape and turned out super cute!

So as I said, I started with a white card base and to that I added layer upon layer of different brown papers punched with a scalloped edge punch! The bottom is pretty thick, but looks cool!! The santa and sleigh and all the presents and bags are from the Lawn Fawn kit called Ho-Ho-Holidays and the matching die set! The blue paper is from a pad from PhotoPlay called It's a Wonderful Christmas. I thought it looked like the night sky! I added some fuzzy fibers to resemble snow to the roof top. The chimney was fabricated from a scrap piece of brown and  a black marker! LOL I added a die cut moon and some star sequins to complete the night sky! The sentiment was stamped and fussy cut prior to attaching it to the roof!


Below is the sketch for reference! Lawn Fawn is generously giving a $25 gift certificate to the winner of this month's challenge!



No comments:

Post a Comment

**July 2024 Friends of Unity Blog Hop - Technique**

 Welcome to my very first post as a Friends of Unity Team Member! I am so excited to be here! This month of July is all about technique! I h...