Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Unity Membership Makes Wednesday - Father's Day Edition!

 I am on a Father's Day card making kick today! Perfect that it's Unity Membership Makes Day! Each Wednesday Unity Show & Tell FB page showcases all of the Unity Stamp Company's membership kits! Today's card uses two of the past kits!


I had a partially completed background panel that I added a Background of the Month stamp called ....linen using vintage photo, then added another background stamp called small details using first salvaged patina, then broken china...too light so I added faded jeans! You can see the many layers of words on this! Love it! The typewriter is from the June 2023 Kit of the Month called {from the countryside}. After it was dry I die cut it using a Tim Holtz nesting die set called stacked deckle. 


The "paper" is a blank space in the stamp so I typed the word dad on my computer in a "typewriter" type font. Lined it up in my MISTI and stamped the typewriter with VersaFine Clair in nocturne. I then fussy cut the typewriter. I added some tombow brush markers to give it some detail and shadow. The sentiment was also typed on the computer with the same font as the top. After cutting the strip, I tore the ends. I added some vintage photo distressing around the outside edges of the background and also all over the sentiment. May arts ribbon burlap twine and enamel dots from Gina Marie Designs finish it off!





No comments:

Post a Comment

**July 2024 Friends of Unity Blog Hop - Technique**

 Welcome to my very first post as a Friends of Unity Team Member! I am so excited to be here! This month of July is all about technique! I h...