Thursday, June 20, 2024

Inky Paws Challenge #225

 Hear me out here.....have you only had a few minutes so you thought I'll just make a quick card or two, destress for a sec! But then you start working on the first card and all heck breaks loose?!? That was this card for me! LOL


Should have been simple and easy! I picked the paper, I picked the stamps and sentiment....BAMM! Let me start at the beginning! LOL Following the sketch (shown below), I decided to use the retired Peony Blooms from Newton's Nook Designs for the current Inky Paws Challenge. Thought the peonies would be cute as the circles on the sketch! Stamped them onto white cardstock with versafine clair in nocturne, colored with my Tombow ABT markers and then fussy cut them out. The white panel in the middle was embossed with a quilted die. I added it to the center of the panel, die cut the entire thing with the largest die from the scallops and rectangles nesting die set from Unity Stamp Co. Tied on some white bakers twine and added the vellum circles and the flowers (popped up with foam tape). This is where it went all downhill! The sentiment was going to be stamped onto the plaid panel, but alas the universe was against me! LOL The "happy" was salvageable but when I went to stamp the "birthday" not only was it not stamped completely, there was ink on the block that ran right across the smaller flower! :/ 

So after taking several deep breaths, I tore it apart. Saving what I could and pitching what I could not. I did try to stamp the sentiment onto the plaid panel again, and again it wasn't coming out clear enough! So fussy cutting it is! Never give up! It will be ok and turn out fine in the end! Just keep swimming! LOL 


Sketch for reference!

I did stamp out a few more stamps to make a second card, but after this one was such a problem I had to walk away! LOL Maybe later tonight (and a glass of wine) I can try the second card! Thanks for visiting and don't let the universe get you down! :)


4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is just beautiful! Love the papers and beautiful coloring of the flowers! So glad you shared with us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so gorgeous and I love your coloring! I’m sorry you had so much trouble, but it really did turn out beautifully! Thank you so much for joining us at the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you kept on swimming with this one, Jenni! It's absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with the Inky Paws Challenge! Inky hugs, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so pretty! Thanks for playing along with the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

**July 2024 Friends of Unity Blog Hop - Technique**

 Welcome to my very first post as a Friends of Unity Team Member! I am so excited to be here! This month of July is all about technique! I h...