thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, October 20, 2022

GIU Week! Day #4

 Happy Thursday!!  Wow that was a quick week! Catch up by going back to check out day 1, day 2 and day 3! Today I'm sharing another card I created with the Unity Stamp Co. October Sketch! I love love love sketches! It's a jumping off point. It can inspire and also gets the creative juices flowing! Flip it around, turn it sideways, make the panels different sizes.....whatever floats your boat! I love the quote on every Unity challenge I've seen....."it's meant to inspire not require!"


I used the Unity Itty Bitty called warm & cozy stamped on plain white cardstock and colored with Tombow ABT markers. I used foam tape to give some dimension. I did distress the patterned paper panels and also the image panel and tapped on some walnut stain distress ink. Kraft cardstock background is from Unity. Their kraft cardstock is a-ma-zing!!! It's the perfect color and weight! The patterned paper is from an older pad by Carta Bella called (ironically) Warm & Cozy! The sentiment was attached by adding some natural colored twine and foam tape. The top right corner seemed plain so I added some brads (c'mon now.....I know you still have brads in your stash! LOL)


Thanks for visiting and following along so far! Please don't forget to leave some love (and your name) to be eligible to win one of 2 $20 gift credits from Unity!! Winners will be chosen at random at the end of the week! 

See ya tomorrow for TGIF!!

13 comments:

  1. Super cute! Love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun card with socks!
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Itty Bitty! And the background papers are great with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another excellent use of the October sketch! That sketch is so great for all those "Itty Bitty" stamps we all have in our collection! Love the combination of kraft, the patterned papers you chose, and the cute colored socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute!! I love this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fun card. The sentiment goes so well with the socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please leave me your name to be eligible for the drawing! thanks!

      Delete
  7. Love the socks and sketch work! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I'm not sure if I've ever used a card sketch before but I did write the measurements down for this one last week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fun socks! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun card with a fun sketch.

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great card! That sketch is very eye appealing-I may have to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cozy card!!!

    ReplyDelete