thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, October 6, 2022

Hurricane Ian and no power!

 Hello there! We are one week past Hurricane Ian's landfall on Florida and are slowly getting back to normal here in the Tampa area. Prayers for our neighbors to the south who took a direct hit and are devastated! 

Unfortunately we lost power for several days....of which included World Card Making Day (WCMD)! Unity Stamp Co. Show & Tell stretched it into an entire weekend and had several challenges posted. Well with no power in the crafty space, lighting was a problem! So outside I went. I stamped a bunch of things and took my markers out to the table and colored on the patio! One of the challenges was a color challenge for fall! I did what I could with what I had to work with and finished the card once power came back on.


Finished product!

Started with the color palette provided and found a fall-ish stamp (Unity Stamp Co. KOM September 2017 Flowers, Foliage & Fall). Stamped with VersaFine Clair in Nocturne, embossed with clear embossing powder....IN THE KITCHEN! That's where the generator power came in so that's where I embossed! LOL



The embossing process! 


Colored with Tombow ABT markers and shaded where needed. 


Coloring on the patio table! LOL

I love the finished card! I ended up using a sketch from {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge #24 (it's attached).Glad I was able to create at least one card for WCMD! I did color a bunch of images and then fussy cut them out for more cards happening! Coloring and crafting is a stress reliever for me and this storm created a LOT of stress!!!


Just waiting to be made into cards!

Sketch 24 which I followed for my card

Thanks for visiting! Leave me some love! :)


2 comments: