thecutestblogontheblock.com

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Let It Snow!

 I'm still creating for the Falling for the Holidays 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party! I'm seriously avoiding housework to make more cards! I'm on a roll and don't want to stop!


Today's card was inspired by the paper! I have this super old Basic Grey paper pack called Jovial that I love! When I started pulling paper out of it this snowman paper popped out at me! I'm thinking now that I should have switched the papers on this one, but seeing those little smiling faces just makes me happy! More for another project!


I started with a white card base, then added a kraft panel on top of that. That's about how I do things, it's easier for me to just print my card back image on a bunch of white, then add whatever color background I want. Also makes the card a little thicker and sturdier! Anyway.....I followed an old sketch number 7, cut based on the measurements and then stamped out my image. It's from Unity Stamp Co. called Winter Shake Up from the 12/2020 Whit Kit. I stamped all the images on watercolor paper and colored with Tombow ABT markers. Originally I die cut with the smallest scallop die, but didn't like how it looked, so I fussy cut it out. You can see that one side of the snowglobe isn't exactly round, but only if you are looking closely! After it was cut out I used some foam adhesive to pop it up and then added some burlap string from May Arts. I did also add some Nuvo Aqua Shimmer to the inside of the snowglobe just because! LOL


Don't forget in order to be eligible for some amazing prizes from some amazing sponsors you need to enter a project! Here is that list of sponsors again in case you forgot! LOL

Angie Blom Digital Designs
Fresh and Renewed with Teresa
Gina K. Designs
Colorado Crafty Company
Newton's Nook
JAded Blossom
NEW Sponsor - Pink & Main
Gina Marie Designs
Tawny Owl Paperie
Unity Stamp Co.
NEW Sponsor - Pretty Pink Posh
Twiddler's Nook
Lawn Fawn
NEW Sponsor - Therm O Web
Not 2 Shabby
NEW Sponsor - Danni's Dreams
In Love With Paper - Cindy Messer
Taylored Expressions
NEW Sponsor - Kat Scrappiness

Linky party ends at 11:59 on Friday night!

p.s. a big thank you to Angela @ Unity (I think it was her that posted) for the video/youtube tutorial on how to get good pictures! LOL I thought mine were ok before, but this one right up ^ there is amazing!! LOL




4 comments:

  1. Great paper choices and an adorable snowglobe image! Love the snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Those papers are perfect with the snowglobe! Thanks for playing along with the linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! So pretty and great paper choices

    ReplyDelete