thecutestblogontheblock.com

Monday, October 17, 2022

GIU Week! Welcome!

 When you find out that there is an unplanned opening on the Unity Stamp Co. Growing in Unity calendar, you jump on it! Hoping that on such short notice I don't disappoint!

Hi, my name is Jenni Shamblin and I am the Growing in Unity peep for this week! I will be sharing all week my creations using Unity Stamp Co. products (stamps, paper, inks, dies, etc.)


A little about me, I am a Married SAHM to two teenagers, (my son is a Freshman in College and my daughter is 15 and a Sophmore in HS) and my husband is in the Marine/Boating industry. To say my life is FULL is an understatement! I grew up in southeastern Michigan and moved to Tampa Florida 22 years ago!

I have been a crafter my whole life. Started at age 6 when I took a needlepoint class and my gramma taught me to crochet! Started scrapbooking in high School which progressed to card-making several years ago. A friend introduced me to Unity at a crop and WOW has my collection grown! I am super excited to share some of my cards with you all and hope to inspire in the process! Remember....there are no mistakes, only more chances to embellish!

Today's card will feature two blogs that I have been involved with for sometime. I am on the design team at {BYSH} Cardmakers and this month's sketch is based on one of my cards (super excited about that)! The second blog I am sharing today is called Jingle Belles Rock. Both of these blogs have helped inspire me to get Christmas cards created all year long so that I do not have a mad rush December 1st to get 100 cards made fast! All year long I make a couple here, a couple there and by December I have quite a nice little stash to be able to sit down and address and mail...no fuss no muss!


October is traditionally the month for everything pink....Breast Cancer Awareness month. Jingle Belles Rock has a prompt every year to utilize all things pink! The two blog creators (Stephanie and Lauren) donate $2 per card submitted to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.  

So I've utilized "my" {BYSHC} Sketch AND the pink challenge!  Hope you can play along! The pink challenge ends October 19th, but the Sketch challenge goes all month!

The card above was created using some pink and purple plaid washi tape, pink bazzill paper, and stamps by Unity Stamp Co. (of course)! I'm using the Angie girl from the October 2017 KOM (Conspiracy of Love), sentiment was printed from an Angie Blom digital kit.

sketch for reference!

Thanks for visiting, please leave me some love and don't forget there will be a random drawing at the end of the week for 2 $20 gift credits to Unity! Good luck and see you tomorrow! 


29 comments:

  1. Such a pretty in pink holiday card.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Love the stamp and colouring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please let me know your name! I'd love to enter you in the drawing!

      Delete
    2. Hi, not sure what happened, I’m Joanne J. Thanks

      Delete
  3. Nice work jumping in on short notice! I would be terrified to attempt it! :) Your card is so pretty and I'll have to try using the sketch sometime - so cool that it was based off of one of your cards! I'm looking forward to your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy....you were chosen as one of my winners!! Congrats!

      Delete
  4. I love the pink background with this set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that card, pink is so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please let me know your name! I'd love to enter you in the drawing!

      Delete
    2. Shawna boothby

      Delete
  6. I love this card! Pink works so well with this Angie Girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please let me know your name! I'd love to enter you in the drawing!

      Delete
  7. Wow… love the powerful pretty pink colors you chose for your card! It is just stunning… and cheerful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the awesome card design and for using pink. I often have difficulty incorporating pink into my Christmas cards as I’m old (72) and usually stick to traditional colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you please let me know your name so I can enter you in the drawing!

      Delete
  9. Pretty layering and color combo! I love the image! Great design for the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so love the non-traditional colors for Christmas cards! Wonderful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! I made my first Pink paper Christmas card last week. I look forward to seeing the rest of your projects this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love the pink for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you please let me know your name so I can enter you in the drawing? Thanks!

      Delete
  13. I love non-traditional colors for Christmas as well as any of the Angie Girls so I just adore this card! Great coloring, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great Christmas card, the color combo totally works! I’m super impressed that you are making 100 Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. (Sorry, that was me above posting anonymously, having a brain fart) - love the great Christmas card, the color combo totally works and looks beautiful! I AM super impressed that you can make 100 Christmas cards - it's a true labor of love, but everyone will be delighted to receive your fabulous card. I'll look forward to your week as the GUI girl! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So happy for you, Jennifer! You've got this!! Just have fun this week!! Love the way you combined the two challenges for your gorgeous holiday card! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a pretty card! I love pink for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jenni. (Remember me from Crop Chocolate?) I love your sweet Christmas card! This would be perfect for a teen or young woman.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jenni….love your card. I’m also crazy about Unity. The sketch layout makes for some fun cards. Looking forward to your cards this week

    ReplyDelete