thecutestblogontheblock.com

Friday, October 21, 2022

GIU Week! TGIF!

 Well here I am on the last day of this wonderful week! To recap my week....here are day 1, day 2, day 3 or day 4 .... click on each number! If ever given the opportunity to participate in GIU, you should absolutely do this! It's so fun to challenge yourself by doing things you wouldn't normally do and getting it done quickly! LOL Unity is an amazing company and while I've not actually "met" people in person, the people I've met online are marvelous and super talented!

Now onto the actual card! LOL When I started planning my week, I hadn't planned on so many or "only" Christmas cards, but alas, here we are! LOL Let's shake it up a bit! This month's Whit Kit arrived earlier this week so let me dig into that and share what I can! The Unity kits are all kinds of fabulous! 

This month's kit doesn't disappoint! For this card I used the embossing folder (plaid company), a sheet of the paper pack and a couple of the stamps! WOW! 

Started with the kraft background, which I embossed and then gently brushed with first vintage photo distress oxide, then went back and focused on the edges with black soot distress ink. I used the scalloped & rectangle nesting dies to cut the orange panel and also the watercolor panel. The watercolor panel was ink smooshed first with several distress inks! Ripe persimmon, dried marigold and vintage photo. 


After the ink dried, I stamped the distressed wording and the large pumpkins directly on top of the ink, then die cut. I went back in with more distress inks as a pallet and a water brush and target watercolored the pumpkins, stems, leaves, etc. I added some Nuvo aqua shimmer at the top of the pumpkins and then added some white gel pen for added dimension. Added some may arts burlap string and the sentiment was added with foam tape!

Thanks for visiting and following along! I had the best week and all of your comments were read and appreciated! Please don't forget to leave some love (and your name) to be eligible to win one of 2 $20 gift credits from Unity!! Winners will be chosen at random sometime tomorrow! Thanks again until next time! :)

Jenni

p.s. edited to update.....when your 7 mo old puppy gets on the counter and eats part of your card......embellish, embellish, embellish! She not only ate the corner of my image, but also the twine that was tied as well! luckily the bows were included in the Whit Kit and covered exactly! 






12 comments:

  1. Very nice card! We raised pumpkins for many years so they are special to me!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good save!! Again, so loved your week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m signed in but it’s leaving me as anonymous-Bobbie Sue♥️

      Delete
  3. Good card! thanks for sharing your talents this week.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! Love all the detailing work… the embossing folder, ink smooshing, Nuvo shimmer… and the puppy fix ❤️!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabuous fall card! Too funny about your puppy - but a great fix!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this fall card! That was a great save from your puppy fiasco! There’s always a way to save-never toss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Fall card!! Embellish Embellish Embellish!!! Love how you saved a wonderful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful card!! Thanks for sharing all week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the embossed background and the pumpkins! Pretty fall card! I've enjoyed your GIU projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome project! Love that kid you used

    ReplyDelete